We Need You
We can’t have Maker Faire without Makers! If you’ve exhibited at a Maker Faire before, we would love for you to become a part of ours. Additionally, if you know anyone who would be a great fit for our event, please help them connect with us. To get started on the application process, please fill out the Call For Makers. If you have any questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Call for Makers is OPEN for the Elkhorn Mini Maker Faire.
If you want to take part in The Elkhorn Mini Maker Faire and share what you make, it’s FREE to exhibit! If you wish to sell the things you make, Vendor fee is $25. (Please note that Vendor booths are limited, and are expected to “make” at their booths. Bonus points for audience participation!)
Categories of Makers
- Makers/Exhibitors are individuals or groups who are demonstrating a skill or craft, showing a finished piece of work and explaining it, and/or teaching a skill or leading a hands-on activity. You are sharing things you make but not selling them. You will get a 10×10’ space and can purchase a table package of one 8’ table, two chairs for $5, or bring your own set up. Standard electric is available upon request.
- Tuition-based, Primary and Secondary Educational Organization: K-12 schools, after-school and camp programs. We would love to see what you are doing at your schools. Please come showcase your “making”.
- Higher Education Institution: colleges, universities and other post-secondary education program. We strongly encourage “making” of some sort to be happening at your booth, in order to increase traffic. We want you to have fun too!
- Vendors are people/businesses who wish to sell what they make, in addition to demonstrating their making process at their booth. The cost for participating is $25. You will get a 10×10’ space and can purchase a table package of one 8’ table, two chairs for $5, or bring your own set up. Standard electric is available upon request.
- Sponsors Several sponsorship options are available to small and large companies. Please see our sponsorship tab. We encourage all sponsors who have a booth to provide a hands-on/learning activity that helps the public understand more about your products or services. We also encourage you to send designers or engineers to represent your booth. Our curious audience wants to talk to the minds behind the making at your company.
If you have any questions about the application process, feel free to contact Makerfaire@elkhorn.k12.wi.us. Note that you can always start the application process and save it while in progress if you get stuck and need more info along the way.